Dallas, TX. 4050 McEwen Rd. It's right off of Midway Rd.
The grand opening is currently scheduled for July 2, 2022 from 12-6pm! Please come join us if you can.
I thought you'd never ask.
Not being satisfied with the lack of representation and access to Black authors and entrepreneurs, we decided to BE THE CHANGE we wanted to see.
Founded by DFW educator & diversity/inclusion advocate, Nia-Tayler Clark, BLACKLIT’s mission is to help close the literacy gap, to increase representation, and to cultivate conversations that bring unity across racial divides.
Now to help further our efforts to close the literacy gap and increase representation in literature, the BLACKLIT Bookstore is here! This community-driven book store is committed to bringing diverse authors from around the world to Dallas. In addition to a plethora of books by Black authors, inside our walls, you can find poetry readings, book clubs, local musicians, and filmmakers showcasing their work through open mic nights and various other community events. Don't just get lit, get BLACKLIT!
Inside every BLACKLIT BOX, subscribers receive a book a Black author, a shirt, and 3-5 products from Black-owned businesses.
Inside the BLACKLIT MINI, subscribers receive a book a Black author, a shirt, and 1 product from a Black-owned business.
Great question - we actually think it's a steal! Here's why:
1) It saves you money. Each box contains over $50 in savings!
2) It's customizable. We are not here to force you to read books that you don't like. In fact, we want to help you discover books that you do like! You get to pick your genre, vote for books of the month, select what size shirt fits you best, and you can choose just how many products from Black-owned businesses to discover each month.
3) It saves you time. We go and do the time consuming task of finding and filtering products from Black-owned businesses and delivering them to your doorstep.
4) It helps circulate the Black dollar. Circulating the Black-dollar in the black community for longer periods of time, results in more successful businesses, more employment opportunities, lower unemployment figures, greater homeownership, and higher academic achievements.
For the past three years, BLACKLIT has been home to the first monthly subscription box to exclusively highlight Black authors and entrepreneurs, helping to support, promote, and bring visibility to Black authors and Black-owned businesses.
We help place them in front of their target audience which has tons of benefits!
Absolutely NOT! One of the reasons why started I BLACKLIT was to highlight Black authors and entrepreneurs. These individuals are incredibly talented and would appreciate the opportunity to reach audiences beyond their own race. In addition, my prayer is that BLACKLIT helps close the racial divide by increasing empathy, understanding, and awareness. We welcome you with open arms!
Our return policy is simple - love our products, or send them back. We offer a 30-day trial for all of our products, which means you have 30 days to try it out, live with it, and love it. If at any point in the first 30 days you decide that you're not 100% satisfied with your new products, return them for a full refund.
Simply contact us and we’ll get you set up with your return ASAP!
Products must be returned in like-new condition to be eligible for a refund. Consumable products (food, conditioner, etc) must be at least half full to be eligible for a refund.
Once you place an order online, then we process it within 72 hours. Your package will typically ship out from our warehouse within 5 business days. From then on, it all depends on your shipping method. If you choose our free shipping option, your order will arrive within three to five business days, and many times less.
Our warehouse team takes a much deserved break on weekends and federal holidays, so orders placed on those days will be processed the following business day.
We currently ship all over the world! Even better, all orders ship within 5 business days or less after ordering.
We are proud to offer free shipping for all US orders over $50! Shipping for orders under $50 is a flat $3.95
Shipping costs are non-refundable.
We sure do!
Easy. Email our team ASAP so we can try to make any changes to your order. If the order has not already been shipped out, we'd be more than happy to make any necessary adjustments.
There are a few ways for you to check your order status:
1. If you created an online account with us when you placed your order, you can find the delivery details in your account summary page. Just sign in and navigate to your order status.
2. When your order shipped, we sent you an email with a link to a tracking page. Find that email by searching your inbox for emails from Supply.
3. Still can't find it? We can help. Just contact us and we can give you the latest status for your order. We can also sign you up for an online account if you would like.
Be sure to check your spam folder, and if you still don't see it, send our team an email and we'll get that taken for you ASAP.
If you can't access your account, one of two things can be happening. Either you have entered an incorrect password, or you haven't created account with us. Shoot us an email and we'll be happy to help you create an account.
Placing an order on our website will NOT create an account.